Monday, April 5, 2010

Holiday weekend

It was a long weekend. Well, no. Technically, it wasn't a long weekend; I worked Friday until 4 and was back at work bright and early this morning. It was long in terms of content, not length.

I'm really not up for dissecting it just yet, but suffice it to say that I did not get the crib ordered (because I walked away from a conversation that was going nowhere before I whacked someone), I did get the glider ordered (but it cost several hundred dollars more than I expected), and I did not get any help picking out rugs (I'm sorry, but I just don't have time to endlessly bargain shop or debate the precise shade of blue necessary; I need a damn rug, and waiting until a week before the baby arrives is unacceptable).

And I'm really freaking glad to have the family out of my house this evening.

One positive: they brought with them several boxes of hand-me-downs from a friend's two daughters. I swear, I can probably outfit the sprog with just what was sent on. And it's lovely stuff, in great condition, from newborn up through 2T. I have to do some organizing and laundry, but I have a serious lot of clothing now.

A simple thank you note seems somehow inadequate. I'll have to think of something.

No comments: