Friday, August 14, 2009

Quick thoughts on a Friday morning...

...before I head out for the weekend.

- It's a good thing I hadn't planned to sleep late on this particular vacation day. Hello, tree-branch-grinding-up machines! How loud you are! And I hadn't realized there were quite that many branches needing grinding up. Who knew?

- I'm fascinated that the majority of people I see on the news freaking out over healthcare at those town hall meetings appear to be individuals who are probably covered by Medicare due to their age. They do realize that they're already on a single-payer system, right? Do any of them plan to give that coverage up? Just checking.

- I went to our local animal shelter last night and signed up to be a volunteer. I can't go to training for several weeks, but once I do, I can go and help out. This seems to be a positive way to help a good organization, keep myself busy, and get some dog back into my life. It won't be the same as having my Vertigo Dog back-- it couldn't possibly be, ever-- but dogs are always good for the soul.

After I filled out the application last night, I went in and visited with the dogs that are up for adoption. Such a wonderful variety of personalities, not to mention shapes and sizes, but all had absolutely one thing in common: all they want in the whole world is to be loved. Food, play, walkies-- absolutely. But love is number one.

As it should be.

No comments: