Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back to school

First birthing class last night. I'm doing one that incorporates self-hypnosis. And, as all these classes do, there's a lot of what my parents would call "hippy dippy" stuff-- which I don't mind at all.

I am very clear that I don't mind drugs during labor. But given how I overreact (physically) to drugs in general, I'm also fine looking for ways to avoid them. :)

I may write in more detail when I'm not completely exhausted (I even skipped yoga tonight, which I love love love, because I'm that tired), but one of the most entertaining things about the class was the couple who sat through the entire class looking absolutely, completely petrified. Sheer, unadulterated terror-- not just during the video of waterbirths, but the entire time.

Little too late to panic now, methinks...

No comments: