Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Thursday already?

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I'm fond of holidays not just because of the holiday itself, but because when you go to work feeling like it's Monday, it's actually Tuesday! Already! And that lasts all week! Awesome.

Back to the plumbing: I'm nearly done with round one of the testing. I had a saline ultrasound this morning, the details of which I will draw a veil over because it sucked like a gold-plated Hoover. It was worse than the HSG. (Of course, I had Val*ium for the HSG, which I'm sure explains a lot.) Next Tuesday I have bloodwork and another regular ultrasound, next Friday I have an MRI, and then I'm (theoretically) done.

Based on today, the doctor thinks I have polyps or fibroids, which may or may not be correctable with surgery. I dunno; I'll find all this out after the MRI. If they're easily fixed, maybe I'll do it. But if it's not an easy thing, and isn't necessary for my general overall health, I think that means I go back down the adoption route. We'll see.

I have a lot of admiration for women who go through years and years of this kind of poking and prodding to figure things out and get things fixed. This is not fun. The only reason I haven't thrown my hands up and started working on my home study is that I am stubborn. As in really stubborn. I've started down this road, and like hell I'm not going to find out what's at the end of it, even if it's misery along the way.

(This is possibly an excellent explanation for my success in the relationship department.)

So I'm nearly down this particular section of the road. We'll see if it's a dead end, or if there's some kind of reason to continue.

No comments: